Sunday, November 30, 2008

a doozy

I tell ya what...songwriting is hard. You tell yourself the real pros, I mean the real geniuses, it just comes naturally to them. If its not coming to you it means you aren't a real musician. Is this true?? Should I spend the remainder of my career expressing someone else's feelings? Hmm... Or perhaps it just takes a bit of practice and finessing. Each songwriter has their own style. I guess its about finding my style? As I look back at my past attempts, I think I need to be more creative, think outside the box, and be more concise. Actually, I've always had the problem of running on and on. I'm not very good at summarizing, either. I just get caught up in the details...

Oo, I like that last sentence... How can I make that a lyric? Oh yah, I'm not a huge fan of rhyming. I feel like such a nob trying to rhyme. Like I'm writing a poem for my fifth grade valentines cards.

"You're so fine.
I wish you were mine.
You're what I like.
I wanna ride my bike."

Not all that compelling, huh? Ok well, fine, I wasn't really going for provocative, rather than proving a point. If I post a pet song of mine, one of my precious babies, you must promise not to laugh. Although, you may offer constructive criticism. I, on the other hand, may choose to take it, or offer it back to you to shove up your...

No comments: