Thursday, October 9, 2008

Labor Day?!

What exactly is Labor Day??! I should google it. I probably will when I'm done with this. Anyway, Labor Day was this past Monday. Even here in Aus they "celebrate" this most vaguest of holidays. Labor Day basically means no school, and short trade hours. I was given the glorious gift of working on this blessed day. It consisted of a lot of standing around, and staring at the walls of my office. In my extreme boredom I came up with this...

If I unfocus my eyes when I stare at the dark blue carpet I can see the illusion of ripples and waves. It gives me a vision of the deep vast ocean. An image I sorely miss. I'm instantly transported to a memory. Soft rocking, wind rushing, foaming waters. The view!! My, isn't it gorgeous?! The sky is a painters mixing board of colors. Yellow giving way to orange, melting into tangerine, spilling onto a spread of blue velvet. All reflected in the cool steely eyes of Mother Earth. Have you ever beheld such a sight?! A photograph tightly gripped in the hands of my memory.

Yah, so thats what happens when you are supposed to be doing work, but lack the motivation, haha. I was so happy to go home at 5pm as opposed to the usual time of 7:30p. You learn to appreciate small things like this. When I got home Mike informed me that he bought me a present. I love presents!! Mike bought us a Wii !! I know, very exciting!! He hasn't stopped playing it for the past 4 days. He buys a game, finishes it, then trades it in for a new game. I think his favorite is the PGA Golf with Tiger Woods. I haven't really played it all that much. I waiting to buy Guitar Hero. Once that gets here you probably won't be able to get me off the thing. 

7 days until the Disney audition!! I'm freaking out.

No comments: