Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rusty

So, I haven't really done a lot of singing since I've been here in Oz. There is a serious lack of theatre, which they should really get on fixing. I don't sing much at home either, being as I life in an apartment, in close quarters with other people. Anyway, yah, haven't been singing a ton, except for the hymns at church. Well, when people ask me what I used to do in the states I usually tell them I made my living singing and that I'm a singer. Last night was the church talent show and lucky for me someone at church had signed me up to sing. So, me being the procrastinator that I happily am waited til 3 hours before the show to pick a sing and get music for it. I sang "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles (I never know how to spell her last name). I chose that song cause I know it and my mom always liked when I would sing that song in the car. Well, I sang it. And it was ruuuuuuuusty as, haha. I can still hold it down ok, but I realized just how much I've slipped in my skills. I'm gonna make it more of a priority to vocalize everyday to get my voice back where it was. Even though that means disturbing my neighbors. They're just gonna have to deal with it. And when I'm famous they'll think back and say "Wait, I know that girl from somewhere?!"

p.s. I did win 2nd place to some teen hula dancers in the talent show :o)

4 comments:

Charis said...

Thats funny!I am sure you sounded great. I say your braids on facebook..who did them and what kind of hair did you use?

HAPPY ROYAL STYLIST said...

Ditto! I'm sure you did a good job. But you should always have a song in your pocket that you always go to for just those occasions. Something you can always sing and bring the crowd to their knees. Keep singing....the world is listening. Love you lots and miss you more every day. CTR.

Stacey said...

Hi Mel!
Your neighbors are going to LOVE you! In fact, I wish I was your neighbor....
They will come and knock on your door, everyday, and say "Sing louder, we cant hear you very well over here!" ...It's true!

Mark my words.
:)Luv ya! Stacey

Cam and Chelle said...

Hey woman! Australia, huh?! What fun! Sounds like you're enjoying life!