Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sydney

So, I've been here in Sydney for a little over 2 months, but it feels more like 6 to me. I'm not quite sure why. Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying my time here. When I first got here it was the middle of winter. Don't be fooled by "winter," its more like a California type winter where it rains a fair bit, but mainly a lot of crisp overcast days. I love winter so I wasn't complaining. Hats, cozy coats and sweaters...love it. Well, now the weather is definitely heating up, and I'm so excited to experience my first northern beaches summer!! Everyone is looking forward to it. I'm really only 3 blocks from the beach, about a 10-15 minute walk. I used to be 5 minutes but we moved. Dee Why is the suburb I live in on the northern beaches of Sydney. There are lots of interestingly named cities around here. For instance, Wollongong, Curl Curl, Manly, Warringah, Balgowlah...these are just some of the surrounding cities. When I first got here I obviously didn't have a job and I did pretty much nothing all day but walk aimlessly about the apartment and city. Very boring. But now, lucky me, I have a full-time job at the Fitness First. Fitness First is the 24 Hour Fitness of Australia. I'm a membership consultant. You would think it would be a pretty easy job. No. Its pretty much the hardest job I've ever had, but its very rewarding when you sit in front of those people and you give them the opportunity to live to their full potential. (That was so salesman like and boring of me haha) I have to admit I've become quite boring. I work all day, quite literally 12 hour days, and I don't go out much. But I do love being here in spite of my quiet living. Mike and I are happy together. Though I do very much miss home and all the people there that I love. 

1 comment:

Charis said...

Glad you are having fun!What about your braids?